This brownie recipe uses WHOLE, REAL foods, like freshly milled whole wheat flour, sucanat, and coconut oil. These takes just like good, ole’ fashioned brownies. *yum*
You really can’t go wrong with a homemade brownie- everyone loves them and it is a simple way to include the kids in the kitchen, and spend a little extra time with them. And add in some math lessons for an added homeschool bonus!
Delicious, Whole Wheat, Super Chocolate Brownies
See Detailed Nutrition Info on
- 2 cup sucanat
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut oil for dairy free, or 1 cup butter
- Mix or beat slowly they: sugar, cocoa, eggs, and vanilla
- Gradually add in flour and salt (it will be suuuper thick)
- Blend in the oil/butter
- add any extras you like: chocolate chips, nuts, etc
- Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch pan. bake at 350 for 20 minutes
- Now, I will tell you that I normally bake my brownies in an 8x8 or 9x9 pan, and take them out a few minutes before they're "done," because I like a chewy brownie. I went ahead and did these in a 9x13 pan, and they were a bit dry to me after baking for 18 minutes. So, adjust accordingly.
What’s your favorite, simple dessert?