This post may contain affiliate links, thank for your support!
So, cold and flu season is almost here! Obviously I hope none of us get sick, because well … that just isn’t fun!
Obviously there is no way to ensure your family doesn’t get sick, however, there are ways to boost everyone’s immune systems naturally to help ward off illness and lessen the blow when it happens!
We will be:
- Upping our dosages of Nordic Naturals lemon flavored cod liver oil
- Increasing powder probiotic
- Increasing our consumption of fermented (probiotic rich) foods
- Consuming lots of bone broth in the way of soups and other recipes
- Drinking lots of filtered water
- Eating more leafy greens (think Kale and cabbage)
- Using essential oils like Thieves and Oregano
- including elderberry syrup in our vitamin routine
- Lots of Alive vitamin C powder
Will these things keep our family 100% well? Maybe not, but that isn’t their job. Combined with healthy foods and other natural lifestyle changes the above list definitely helps with overall health and wellbeing. When you take care of the internal systems- the gut namely- the rest will take care of itself.
Gut health is so important- if you are having problems in the way of symptoms (think eczema, body aches, migraines, rashes, upset stomach,) look at the diet and gut health first.
Not all bodies are created equally, and not all foods are either.
In case we do come down with illnesses, I will have my essential oils on hand, and my homemade cough medicine ready to go! I also want to look into making some elderberry syrup and cough drops- that is on my “to try” list.
What will you do this fall and winter to care for your family?
**Disclaimer- This is not medical advice, and is only for information purposes. These are protocols that work for my family, which I feel very comfortable using, and have educated myself about using. Please talk to your doctor, and only do what you are comfortable with for your family. God bless!
Want to save 24% retail cost on your own organic, 100% pure, therapeutic grade oils? Sign up here!