oday, for the Menu Monday Linky, I want to share a wonderful recipe for potato salad. I just sorta threw it together one day. I know, it’s hard to mess up potato salad, but this really is the best recipe I’ve ever tasted. It also makes a lot. So you can have it for one meal, and probably have enough for a lunch or two during the week, depending on how many people you are feeding.
And I feel really terrible … I don’t have a picture of the finish product! I know. But trust me, it is beautiful and creamy.
See Detailed Nutrition Info on
- 3-4 lbs of red potatoes
- 1/3 c mayonaise (homemade or store bought) more to taste
- 2-4 tbsp mustard, more to taste
- 1/2 c sweet pickle relish, more to taste
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic (trust me!), minced
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- real salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and halve red potatoes (if you like them peeled, peel here)
- Cover potatoes with water, covering with about 1" of water
- bring potatoes to a boil for about 10 minutes
- *the secret to perfect potato salad is the potatoes! You do not want mushy 'taters! when you can stick a fork in and they are still firm but done, take them off the heat
- Drain potatoes
- Spread potatoes out on a cookie sheet to cool
- After they have cooled, dice
- Place in large mixing bowl
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Then add remaining ingredients
This is a super easy recipe, and our absolute favorite side item for stuff like the Super Bowl. We had it last night, and it was wonderful!