One of the biggest downfalls I have encountered in our homeschool (and daily life in general) is when I fail to plan- menu plan, that is. Thankfully, there is MyFreezEasy! We have been using the MyFreezEasy.com Freezer Meal Plan Membership and so far it has saved me several times!
I love having my freezer stocked with foods for the month, to avoid hitting the grocery store for more than just produce every other week. But what I love even more is having a freezer stocked with actual meals that I can pull out to thaw, or cook straight in the crockpot from frozen to done- and MyFreezEasy has done all the prep work of meal planning for me!
What I don’t like about meal planning and freezer cooking? Hours (or weekends) spent prepping, chopping, mixing and combining recipes for the freezer. With MyFreezEasy, I can get 2+ weeks worth of meals prepped and in their containers for the freezer in just an hour, or even faster depending on the plan I have chosen.
We received the Premium Annual Membership- this includes the ability to change up the meals in your monthly plan.
How Does it Work?
When you sign up with MyFreezEasy, you get access to 8 different meal plans for the month. These include:
- Traditional Plan – 10 meals: mix of different types of meals
- Gluten-Free Plan – 10 meals: completely gluten-free, including sides
- Slow Cooker Plan – 10 meals: all freezer to slow cooker style
- Clean Eats Plan – 10 meals: all “clean ingredients”
- 20 Meals Plan – 20 meals: mix of different types of meals
- All Chicken Plan – 10 meals: all recipes using chicken breasts/chicken thighs, so you can get the chicken on sale and stock your freezer
- All Ground Beef Plan – 10 meals: all recipes using ground beef so you can get the ground beef on sale and stock your freezer
- All Pork Chops Plan – 10 meals: all recipes using pork chops or pork tenderloin so you can get the pork on sale and stock your freezer
I personally used the all chicken meal plan, because I have such a hard time with chicken recipes that all my kids will eat. They just aren’t fans of chicken breast. So I used this plan and so far, no one has complained once!
Each month you receive new meal plans than the month before; so if you really enjoyed a certain plan or recipe, simply save it on your computer, and print for your records.
Each plan includes:
- shopping list (different organizational options to choose from)
- details on how to assemble your meals
- printable labels for your bags and meals if you’d like
- videos with tips and tricks for the recipes in each plan
- dairy free modifications for all recipes (our family has dairy allergies, so this is perfect for us)
- Gluten-free modifications on all recipes as well
With the premium annual membership you can create your own meal plans, customize already existing plans, and have access for a “my favorites” section in your account, PLUS 2 months free!
How I Used the Plan
I used a large pack of chicken breasts like these from Costco, to make several “all chicken” meals for the freezer. Because our family is large and my small children eat like teenage boys, I doubled each recipe in one bag.
I did do some customizing/tweaking of some recipes. If I knew we didn’t like a certain ingredient, I skipped it. If I thought the recipe could use a little kick, like cayenne pepper, I added it. I didn’t print labels, I just wrote the recipe name and instructions for cooking on the bag. Oh- and even if something called for a tray, it went in a bag. =/ Because 1) I am lazy, and 2) honestly, I don’t like using aluminum trays if I don’t have to … And I don’t currently have room in my freezer for actual baking dishes- So, into baggies they went!
It was seriously that easy. I already had the ingredients on hand, but I did look over the grocery list and loved what I saw, especially that it could be organized to suit my needs (which for me, is in the order things are found in the grocery store).
This membership really does do all the work for you- no grocery lists, no hours in the kitchen assembling meals. Nope- it is fast, easy, and simple. Personally, I have found that the simpler it is to do something in this season of my life, especially in the kitchen, the more likely I am to do it. These recipes are not complicated, they do not call for tons of different ingredients, or hard to find ingredients.
MyFreezEasy really has helped change our homecshooling days for the better
easier; especially with a newborn in the house! My time to cook is very limited at this point.
Connect with MyFreezEasy
Click the banner below to check out other reviews from the Crew:
Disclaimer: Some links on this blog are affiliate links; when you use those links you help support my family, at no additional cost to you. Thank you!