I always find myself trying to convert recipes for our family’s health needs- real food ingredients and dairy free- for special occasions. So, I wanted to share a new favorite recipe for yellow cake cupcakes with chocolate frosting!
A few tips: To make a real food powdered sugar, just grind your sucanat in a blender or food processor to a powdered consistency. You can of course use regular powdered sugar, it is up to you! I prefer real, pink salt but use what you have on hand.
Also, expeller pressed coconut oil will have NO coconut flavor, that is the kind we prefer in our family. (coconut flavored eggs in the morning are not popular here! haha)
Looking for a chocolate cake recipe? See my post HERE
For the Dairy Free Frosting:
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/3 c rice, coconut, or almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c cocoa powder
- 3 1/2 c powdered sugar
- In a large bowl beat coconut oil and cocoa together until combined
- Add milk and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar until desired consistency is achieved.
- Adjust with more milk or powdered sugar if necessary for right consistency.
Disclaimer: Some links on this blog are affiliate links; when you use those links you help support my family, at no additional cost to you. Thank you!