Updated from several years ago, now AIP and allergen friendly
This is a recipe I threw together a few years ago. It was created with a few things I had left in the fridge and needed to get rid of before they went bad. Waste not, want not and all that.
It is a family favorite (pre gluten free and AIP days, but you can easily substitute the pasta for zucchini noodles)
You will want a large skillet (20″ or so), or a very large pot, and a pot for cooking pasta or veggie noodles.
Recipe Box: Summer Fettuccine AIP and Allergen Friendly
See Detailed Nutrition Info on
- broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 2-3 carrots
- purple or Vidalia onion
- cherry tomatoes (OMIT for AIP, you can replace with mushrooms)
- pink salt
- pepper (OMIT for AIP, you can use mace instead)
- 2/3 cup milk of choice- for AIP coconut milk works great
- oil of your choice- coconut, olive, or avocado work
- Parmesan or goat cheese- OMT for AIP
- fettuccine pasta- AIP use zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash or other veggie noodle of your choice
- Toss the broccoli into boiling water for about a minute, until bright green, and drain. If using frozen broccoli, steam in the microwave or pot first, then drain.
- You can keep a cup or so of the water out to add for liquid later.
- Throw everything except the tomatoes, in the pan with 1-2TB oil to sauté.
- season to taste with salt and mace/pepper
- While that is going on, cook your fettuccine. I LOVE the fettuccine nests; these cook in 4 minutes and taste SO much better than regular box fettuccine
- If using zucchini or other veggie noodle, give it a quick blanch, or steam to soften
- After your veggies are all soft and yummy, add in your tomatoes, so they can get warm and plum up.
- Stir in the non dairy milk, reserved water if you saved some, and cheese. This was the last of our Parmesan from Italy. =(
- Drain your pasta/veggie noddles, add it to the big skillet of veggies, and mix all around.
What is your favorite summer recipe from the garden? Share in the comments!