I am the world’s worst about menu planning for several weeks at a time, and then going weeks without planning ahead much at all. So I am joining many, many bloggers out there for a weekly Menu Monday post.
It will hold me accountable, and help my readers as well! I hope y’all will leave comments helping me with menu ideas- I get so stuck with breakfast, especially. For right now, my menus will consist of just dinner. Then I will expand into daily menus as I get better with it. This category is something I really need to work on, so I thought holding myself accountable here will be good!
Here we go:
Week of June 14, 2015
- Sunday: spaghetti from freezer with family-recipe Italian (romaine lettuce) salad, fruit
- Monday: minute steak and gravy, oven roasted vegetables, and green beans
- Tuesday: roasted chicken, sautéed asparagus, cinnamon glazed carrots
- Wednesday: (my house will be completely packed up for our move the following day, so probably Fried Chicken from the best restaurant in town: Chances R.
- Thursday: hamburgers, all beef hot dogs on the grill, homemade baked chips, salad
- Friday: breakfast- eggs, pork sausage, whole wheat biscuits or pancakes, fruit
- Saturday: beef fajitas, homemade tortillas, avocado, fruit
So… those are my dinner menu plans for the week! i hope these weekly posts will help me stretch my horizons and stay out of menu ruts. These are some of my basic, go-to recipes.