This year, I want to actually keep track of the books I have read myself, and the books we read as a family. I am not 100% sure what this will look like. I’ve been on a great reading streak, not that baby 5 is 8 months old.
So far this year I have several books done, and we’ve finished a few as a family. I will also try to keep track of the picture books we have read, but no promises there. ?. Books I especially loves are marked with **
Some people have specific genres they love; I honestly have no idea what genres I love. I used to read Patricia Cornwell and true crime. Then Patricia Cornwell changed the writing of her books somehow… I’m not exactly sure what it was. But I couldn’t get through them after book 11 or so? Once I got marries and had kids, I started reading a lot of eBooks, because my book light and lamp kept my husband awake. These days I’m sound asleep by 8:30pm ?
So now, I mostly read physical books and listen to audio books, in between my true crime podcasts. I read at nap time, a little before bed, and sometimes in the evenings while the family plays games.
There is no reading goal here- this is strictly a list of books I complete, as I complete them.
Oh- and I am also reading through the Bible this year with the Bible Recap (read the day’s reading, listen to the podcast), so hopefully I can add that to the end of my list this year!
Right now I am getting this published, but it isn’t complete. I will update as time allow to catch up. =)
My Book List
- The Ethan I was Before **
- The Lake House **
- Tell the Wolves I’m Home
- Coyote Sunrise– this is probably one of my least favorite books I’ve read so far. It is just … redundant and predictable. Parents should know there is a gay teen picked up by the troupe of friends/family.
- Shoot the Moon This is a fun small town read with a little mystery, not one of my favs.
- Where the Crawdads Sing** I listen to this every year, and I just love it. It’s a great summer or fall read.
- Call Your Daughter Home** Loved this book on audible. The narrations are just perfect, and if you love a good audiobook set in the south with great accents, this is for you.
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek** I love this one too! Listening to it on audio right now and cannot get enough. I loved reading about this part of history and it’s ? recommended!
Family Book List
Disclaimer: Some links on this blog are affiliate links; when you use those links you help support my family, at no additional cost to you. Thank you!