In our home- we love smoothies. We have them as part of our breakfast, for snacks, and my kids’ favorite-popsicles! Smoothie cartons had always been a staple on my shopping list for as long as I can remember, however, I recently realised that making your own smoothies is much more cost efficient than buying them, so now I always try to find time each week to research and try new recipes instead.
Here is my favorite recipe for healthy, protein smoothies:
- 6-7 frozen strawberries or any frozen fruit
- 3-4 tablespoons organic french vanilla yogurt, homemade yogurt, or kefir (or coconut milk yogurt for no dairy)
- tiny bit of raw honey, or teaspoon of sucanat if you need a sweetener
- half a chilled banana
- a few gulps of cartoned egg whites or raw egg whites if you have fresh, farm raised eggs
- a tablespoon or so of organic coconut oil
Please link up your family friendly posts below.
By linking up you’re giving us permission to use a picture from your linked up blog post should any host decide to feature your post.
We hope you’ll take a moment to stop by and say hi to your MM&M Monday Link Up Co-Hosts!
April @ 100lb Countdown
Mandy @ Women of Worship
Rosilind @ Missional Call