What’s better than a giant chocolate chip cookie, you ask?
How about a giant, dairy free if necessary, chocolate chip cookie cooked in your cast iron skillet?!
Yes. That is better.
Many Saturday mornings in our home are spent playing and reading while watching PBS- This Old House, Home Time, Woodwright’s Workshop, and of course the Master, Martha! (Stewart that is…)
So here, is a little different take on her recipe for a giant, cast-iron skillet cookie!
Giant Dairy Free Skillet Cookie Recipe
See Detailed Nutrition Info on
- 6 TBsp expeller pressed coconut oil (room temperature or a little softer)
- 1/3 c packed dark-brown sugar (I have used sucanat instead of brown sugar before, and it is juast as good)
- 1/2 c sucanat
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 c whole wheat, pastry, or all purpose flour (I have used all of them and thought each one turned out great)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp real, pink salt
- 1 c semisweet Ghiradelli chocolate chips (this brand is dairy free; always check your label though)
- 10" cast iron skillet
- Preheat your oven to 350*
- In a large bowl, mix: coconut oil & sugars
- stir in egg and vanilla
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt
- Lastly stir in your chocolate chips
- Pour into your 10" cast iron skillet, smooth the top, pop in the oven
- Bake until cookie is golden brown and just firm in the middle (about 18-20 minutes)
- Let cool
- Pour a big ole glass of milk and ENJOY!
This is SO good; you could change up your add-ins by using walnuts, raisins, peanut butter chips, etc.
This is fast, easy, and delicious!
What is your family’s favorite easy dessert?