I have always had a love for all things home, kitchen, and cooking. In the last five years I have fallen in love with real food, and all things made from scratch. I love giving gifts that are just right. If you have a foodie in your life, check out the gift guide I have compiled for this holiday season!
1. A custom made, ruffle, zebra print apron
2. 1 Gallon Compost Bucket for the kitchen– I *love* this bucket! It is not only country-chic so it will look great in the kitchen, but it is a 2-in-1! You can easily lift the inside bucket out and take your compost scraps to the compost outside. Can you use a kitchen bowl? Yes- but this keeps your foodie friend from needing to use one of their handy mixing bowls. This is so easy, and so awesome.
3. Fermenting Crock– The real food lover inn your life will also *love* a fermenting crock. I don’t own this one personally, but have had my eye on it for quite some time. It comes with the stones and lid, which is what most crocks are missing. And, it is the perfect size- not too big, not too small. Perfect for making kraut, pickles, and salsas!
4. Heirloom, Organic Vegetable Seeds– I think the titles speaks for themselves! =)
5. NutriMill Classic Grain Mill– I love, love, love my grain mill. Love it. We use it all the time, and every time we use it I know we are saving money. How? Because we buy organic wheat berries in bulk from Azure, I mill them myself using my grain mill, and bake everything from scratch. It saves a *ton* of money- everything from whole wheat biscuits and tortillas, to sourdough bread and pizza crusts- we essentially pay pennies by making them from scratch with our own milled wheat. This has been one of the best gifts I have ever received.
6. Bench Knife– In the kitchen, this can be used for so many things, but is mainly used when working with dough. This would make a great stocking stuffer!
8. Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron 7-1/4-Quart Round French (Dutch) Oven– This is the mother of all foodie gifts. Really. Everyone who works in their kitchen needs a good stock pot, and this is it! If I could put any one thing in my kitchen, it would be this pot! It comes is many beautiful colors that match an decor, or not if you like a pop of off the wall color. Need a big gift idea? This is it!
9. KitchenAid 5 Qt. Stand Mixer– If you want to make your foodie’s heart skip a beat, and make their life easier let them open one of these puppies for Christmas. I use mine all the time, for so many different recipes. It was a wedding gift, and I love it!
10. Ball® Collapsible (wide mouth) Funnel – Another great stocking stuffer! I love mine; it fits in any drawer because it collapses down and it is adjustable for regular or wide mouth jars!
11. Classic Cast Iron Skillet– Think bacon, and eggs … and pancakes. Enough said!
12. Sherpa Pink Gourmet Himalayan Salt– Real salt has so much flavor, isn’t over salty, is healthy, and a foodie’s best friend!
13. Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats– You know I love this cook book. It is so much more than a cook book and anyone that enjoys cooking and learning about health, nutrition, and food will love this book!
14. The Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker– I love mine! Actually, mine doesn’t have the pretty enamel exterior, and I don’t have a cover (man …) but I use it for everything! From roasting chickens and pork loins, to baking rolls and roasted veggies. I use it for so many meals!
15. Double Stove Top Gill/Griddle– We got rid of our electric skillet a few years back. Honestly, I just hated the clean up, the bulkiness, and the fact that I had to plug it in near an outlet (obviously… hence the name “electric” skillet). I have been meaning to replace it with a double stove top grill, because A) it is easier to store, B) it is easier to clean, and C) it is NOT a non-stick surface. Win-Win-Win!
16. Jars– Yep. Jars. Chances are if you’re buying gifts for someone who loves their kitchen, then they probably already have regular ole canning jars. So grab something cute- small jelly jars, the short fat jars, or blue canning jars will be different and have lots of uses in a foodie kitchen!
Seriously, if you need a gift for someone who loves to be in the kitchen, look no further than this list! And Happy Holiday shopping!
For more gift giving ideas, check out more lists from the Crew!