Who doesn’t love all things fall?! And when I think fall, I think apples!
We have been learning reading about apples the last few weeks. I always try to let Lexie help me in the kitchen when possible (and safe).
Here is an easy recipe for making baked apples (or applesauce) in the crock pot!
- First, I peeled and cut about 10 apples
- Then I threw them in the crock pot with a little less than a cup of water.
- We have a dairy allergy so I didn’t add butter, but I would have added a few Tbsp of butter.
- Then sprinkle generously with cinnamon and a little bit of nutmeg.
- I used a small silverware spoon and sprinkled a tiny bit of sucanat on top, but you can also use pure, grade B maple syrup
- Let them cook on low for about 4 hours
Mmmm The house smelled delicious shortly thereafter!
When they are done, you can either keep them in chunks and as baked apples, or stir vigorously with a spoon, mashing as you go, and make applesauce.
Lexie didn’t like them, because of the texture. But Max LOVED them!
I can’t seem to find the video I made of us making the apples together … but Lexie had a lot of fun dumping the apples and helping sprinkle the ingredients on top.
I hope you enjoy this super easy recipe and have fun making these yummy apples with your littles!
This post may contain affiliate links.